For 2019 Season (Residency dates of January 28, 2019 through August 4, 2019 – subject to change)
Audition Locations and Dates
New York City, NY
November 12 and 13, 2017 (with callbacks on November 14, 2017)
Hampton Opera Center
December 17, 2017
Pianist Provided: Yes
Pianist Fee: None
Portland Opera is using a YAP Tracker application for all submissions. You do not need to be a paying subscriber to YAP Tracker to use the application form, although you will need an account. Guest accounts are available; please see YAP Tracker’s Website for details at www.yaptracker.com. Paper applications by mail will not be accepted.
Your application fee is used to partially subsidize this application process; fees account for less than half of the total costs involved with the application process, which includes, but is not limited to, defraying the expenses of screening, application website hosting, audition pianists, venue rental and travel costs. Fees are charged for the sole objective of hearing many more applicants than would be otherwise possible.
(Please provide the following):
Completed YAP Tracker Application, including the following:
• Detailed résumé
• 4 Operatic Arias: one each in Italian, French, English, and one other language
• Non-refundable application fee of $30 paid by credit card through the YAP Tracker website
• City and/or date preference
Application Form Location:
- As this program is designed to bridge the gap between an artist’s education and professional career; ideal candidates have completed their postgraduate education and may have had some professional experience. Most applicants are between 23 to 32 years of age.
- Applications must be submitted to YAP Tracker by October 2, 2017.
- Those chosen to audition will be notified by October 9, 2017.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
For additional questions you may email:
ABOUT PORTLAND OPERA
Our mission is to inspire, challenge and uplift our audiences by creating productions of high artistic quality that celebrate the beauty and breadth of opera.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Portland Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and we are an equal opportunity employer. POA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We invite you to join us on our journey.
Portland Opera is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.