Date Posted: November 28, 2017
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.
Position Status: Regular / Full-time / Exempt
Reports To: General Manager, U.S. Bank Broadway in Portland
Supervises: Broadway Customer Service Assistant Manager, Broadway Customer Service Center Supervisor, Broadway Customer Service Representatives
Liaises With: Group & Corporate Sales Manager, Regional Sales Operations Manager, Northwest – Broadway Across America
Normal Hours: Regular Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
Show weeks: 12:00pm-8:00pm (days may vary)
- Work schedule may vary depending upon production schedule, project deadlines, major campaigns, etc.
- Periodic evenings and weekends are required
- Occasional out-of-area /overnight travel is required
The U.S. Bank Broadway in Portland series has been presenting the very best that Broadway has to offer since 1995. Our presentations include blockbusters, classic revivals, comedies, family favorites and energetic new musicals direct from Broadway. Most performances take place in Keller Auditorium. The series is a partnership between Broadway Across America and Portland Opera.
We are seeking an experienced and professional Customer Service Manager to oversee the customer service center for Broadway in Portland.
As a key member of the U.S. Bank Broadway in Portland team, the Broadway Customer Service Manager is expected to:
- Provide sound advice and recommendations to help achieve Broadway series marketing goals
- Focus on high renewal rates with increased attendance and revenues
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with partners at Broadway Across America, Portland Opera staff, business professionals, volunteers and our patrons
- Maintain a white glove standard of customer service based on a model of active sales and excellent customer relationship management
The Broadway Customer Service Manager is also responsible for ensuring that the Broadway patron database is accurately maintained, sales flow and ticketing product channels function properly, and appropriate sales tools are provided to service center representatives at Hampton Opera Center as well at outside box offices that sell Broadway Series tickets.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a minimum five years of progressively responsible and successful experience in Box Office and Customer Service management and three or more years of experience managing and supervising busy, high quality call center or telemarketing operations. Additional requirements include:
- Extensive knowledge of Archtics/Ticketmaster or other integrated fundraising/ticketing system
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, particularly database and analysis tools
- Demonstrated experience meeting or exceeding annual sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to manage and work with people from a wide range of disciplines and backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience working with large amounts of cash and confidential financial information
The ideal candidate will also have experience with the not-for-profit performing arts community and intermediate or greater proficiency with Filemaker Pro and Microsoft Word. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but not required.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter, resume, and three references to TWenckus@portlandopera.org. Please, no phone calls
Salary is competitive, based on experience. For a complete job description, click here.
ABOUT PORTLAND OPERA
Our mission is to inspire, challenge and uplift our audiences by creating productions of high artistic quality that celebrate the beauty and breadth of opera.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Portland Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and we are an equal opportunity employer. Portland Opera will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We invite you to join us on our journey.
Portland Opera is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.