Date Posted: November 28, 2017
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until this position is filled.
Position Status: Regular / Full-time / Exempt
Reports To: Broadway Customer Service Manager (primary), Broadway Customer Service Assistant Manager (secondary), Broadway Customer Service Supervisor (secondary)
Normal Hours: Regular Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
Show weeks: 12:00pm-8:00pm (days may vary)
- Work schedule may vary depending upon production schedule, project deadlines, major campaigns, etc.
- Periodic evenings and weekends are required
- Occasional out-of-area /overnight travel is required
The U.S. Bank Broadway in Portland series has been presenting the very best that Broadway has to offer since 1995. Our presentations include blockbusters, classic revivals, comedies, family favorites and energetic new musicals direct from Broadway. Most performances take place in Keller Auditorium. The series is a partnership between Broadway Across America and Portland Opera.
We are seeking an experienced, professional Customer Service Representative for our customer service center for Broadway in Portland.
As a crucial team member of the U.S. Bank Broadway in Portland series, the Broadway Customer Service Representative serves as the primary point of sales and service for an assigned portfolio of Broadway in Portland series patrons, and provides the highest level of customer care for both Broadway subscribers and single ticket buyers.
In addition to other assigned tasks, the Broadway Customer Service Representative is expected to:
• Provide excellent customer care, including full sales and service, for an assigned portfolio of patrons, subscribers and donors
• Maintain thorough knowledge of ticketing software and ticketing policies
• Work closely with House Managers, Concierges and other front of house staff to create a welcoming environment and memorable experience for all Broadway in Portland patrons
• Answer general questions from patrons regarding productions, seating areas, directions to venues, and other related information
• Follow all protocols and procedures regarding the handling of cash, check, credit card, and gift certificate payments to ensure accountability for daily payment activity
• Staff Broadway venue Box Office as scheduled (evenings and weekends)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
REQUIRED / ESSENTIAL
Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
- Call center sales and service, both outbound and inbound preferred
- Point-of-sale systems, preferably ticketing
- High-end customer service operations
- Accountability and accuracy working with large amounts of cash
- Managing confidential financial information and personal data
- Closing sales in a timely, professional manner
- Meeting annual sales targets
Demonstrated ability to:
- Participate as a vital member of a sales team
- Determine patron preferences and problem solve issues in a professional and timely manner
- Address patron complaints in a professional manner
- Work successfully with people in a variety of settings, including business professionals, volunteers, patrons, and Portland Opera staff
- Listen and communicate effectively and respectfully with people at all levels, in all settings.
Other Strengths and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Business math skills as required for transaction processing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to learn Archtics database system
- Adaptability, flexibility and strong attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple projects
- Collaborative and enthusiastic with a genuine enjoyment of working with people
- Experience with not-for-profit performing arts community
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter, resume, and three references to TWenckus@portlandopera.org. Please, no phone calls
Salary is competitive, based on experience. For a complete job description, click here.
ABOUT PORTLAND OPERA
Our mission is to inspire, challenge and uplift our audiences by creating productions of high artistic quality that celebrate the beauty and breadth of opera.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Portland Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and we are an equal opportunity employer. Portland Opera will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We invite you to join us on our journey.
Portland Opera is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.