Sharing the magic of opera with the young people in your life is wonderful!
We want to provide as much information as we can so that you and your family can
make decisions about attendance, and know what to expect.
FIRST TIME & PHOTO FUN:
• We will have a special photo area set up for all audience members to grab a
prop, dress up for the royal ball, and strike a pose!
• If you’re bringing someone to the opera for the first time, or if it is your first time at the opera, please stop by our Concierge booth for a special welcome.
This is a PG-rated opera. We typically recommend this type of piece for ages 7 and up, but you know your family and friends best! Give us a call if we can help answer any questions. Please keep the following details in mind:
• La Cenerentola will be performed in Italian with English captions projected above the stage.
• The performance is 2 hours, 45 minutes, with one 25-minute intermission. Please
consider whether or not your young companion can sit quietly and considerately for that amount of time.
• Based on the classic Cinderella tale, Rossini’s La Cenerentola is the recognizable story that we all know, but with some major differences (no fairy godmother, magic, or glass slippers).
• At Portland Opera, we are not able to be flexible about late arrivals, or reentry.
Latecomers will be seated at the first intermission, and patrons leaving during the
performance will also be re-seated during intermission.
• We do allow beverages in the theatre, if they are covered with a lid, and purchased
onsite. We do not allow food or snack in the theatre during our performances.
• Please let us know if there is anything else we can to do help plan your visit to the opera.
503.241.1802 | email@example.com
Monday – Friday | 10 AM – 5 PM
Hampton Opera Center, 211 SE Caruthers