About the position:
Do you love the theater, having fun at work, and gazing at the most beautiful scenery Oregon has to offer? Portland Opera provides all of that and more! While eating lunch from the break room, you can see third-story balcony views of Mt. Hood and the river. What if the weather is rainy? Enjoy your lunch inside and listen to the opera singers as they roam the halls spreading their love for the arts.
Do you love working behind the scenes to make theatrical magic happen? Do you get a thrill out of tracking a myriad of logistical details and seeing them all culminate in a touring musical-theatre performance? We are seeking an organized, self-motivated backstage facilitator who will work with our Artistic Director and team. You would serve as a liaison between the parts of the team, tracking all the pieces to bring the shows together.
You will have the opportunity to introduce ideas, gain knowledge, share expertise, while working in an exciting and fun environment at the Portland Opera!
The role reports directly to the Artistic Director who provides an engaging work environment where your ideas and questions are always welcome and encouraged!
ARE YOU PASSIONATE AND INTRIGUED BY?
- Processing artistic contracts and promotional materials
- Arranging and managing auditions, locally and in other cities/venues
- Arranging and managing logistics for guest artists (travel and accommodations, local transportation, welcome packets, etc.)
- Music and theater throughout the day in a fun and enthusiastic workplace
- Learning new skills and upholding high integrity day-to-day
- Knowledge of opera repertoire and production process
- Demonstrated strong analytical, administrative, management and people skills
- Ability to synthesize and communicate effectively with a wide array of parties
- Excellent hands-on experience with MS Office Suite (word, excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
Culture: With a passion for music and theater running all day in front of everyone’s minds, the Portland Opera provides an upbeat and enthusiastic culture. The relaxed environment provides employees the opportunity to always be at their best while having fun!
Portland Opera offers productions of the highest artistic quality, bringing the world of opera to the region. Over the past 58 years, the company has presented more than 200 operas, including world premieres. In addition to its annual season, the company is also renowned for its outreach and educational initiatives, including Portland Opera-To-Go, Opera a la Cart, and its Resident Artists Program, which supports the next generation of opera singers.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Portland Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and we are an equal opportunity employer. Portland Opera Association will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We invite you to join us on our journey.