About the position:
The Development Database Specialist is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the Tessitura database in support of development activities, including recording donations and preparing deposits, preparing donation acknowledgements, reconciling revenue accounts, and preparing lists and various reports. This position also assists with special events, supports donor communication activities, and oversees volunteers for Portland Opera.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- 2-4 years of experience in an administrative position, preferably in a nonprofit arts environment
- Advanced proficiency in Tessitura, Microsoft Word, and Excel required
- Strong experience managing database information and in providing analytical data reporting
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy
- Detail oriented, with strong organization, analytical, and planning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including ability to communicate professionally, effectively, and discreetly with donors and colleagues
Culture: With a passion for music and theater running all day in front of everyone’s minds, Portland Opera provides an upbeat and enthusiastic culture. The relaxed environment provides employees the opportunity to always be at their best while having fun!
Portland Opera offers productions of the highest artistic quality, bringing the world of opera to the region. Over the past 59 years, the company has presented more than 200 operas, including world premieres. In addition to its annual season, the company is also renowned for its outreach and educational initiatives, including Portland Opera-To-Go, Opera a la Cart, and its Resident Artists Program, which supports the next generation of opera singers.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Portland Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and we are an equal opportunity employer. Portland Opera Association will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We invite you to join us on our journey.