About the position:
Do you love working behind the scenes to make theatrical magic happen? Do you get a thrill out of tracking a myriad of logistical details and seeing them all culminate in a touring musical-theatre performance? This position at Portland Opera offers all of that and more!
You will have the opportunity to introduce ideas, gain knowledge, share expertise, while working in an exciting and fun environment at the Portland Opera.
The role reports directly to the General Manager, Broadway in Portland who provides an engaging work environment where your ideas and questions are always welcome and encouraged!
ARE YOU PASSIONATE AND INTRIGUED BY?
- Supporting the Broadway in Portland performance series
- Music and theater throughout the day in a fun and enthusiastic workplace
- Learning new skills and upholding high integrity day-to-day
- Knowledge and understanding of theater techniques and processes.
- Strong communication skills in a variety of formats, along with close attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Computer proficiency required, including knowledge of email, Excel and Word
Culture: With a passion for music and theater running all day in front of everyone’s minds, Portland Opera provides an upbeat and enthusiastic culture. The relaxed environment provides employees the opportunity to always be at their best while having fun!
Portland Opera offers productions of the highest artistic quality, bringing the world of opera to the region. Over the past 55 years, the company has presented more than 200 operas, including world premieres. In addition to its annual season, the company is also renowned for its outreach and educational initiatives, including Portland Opera-To-Go, Opera a la Carte, and its Resident Artists Program, which supports the next generation of opera singers.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At Portland Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and we are an equal opportunity employer. Portland Opera Association will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We invite you to join us on our journey.