Portland Opera is committed to public health and safety.
Please see below for current policies regarding admittance and attendance, as well as details regarding flexibility for ticket holders. This page is dedicated specifically to COVID information: here is where you can view all Terms and Conditions. We also invite you to learn more about how we continue to navigate COVID-19 at Portland Opera.
Please know that these policies are subject to change at any time, and may be different on performance day than they are today. Thank you for your flexibility and for doing your part to keep everyone safe.
Updated COVID-19 Attendance Policy
- Masks are recommended for all patrons at Portland Opera performances.
Covid-19 Resources in Oregon:
Vaccines are the best way to stay safe. If you are not currently vaccinated, or need to schedule your second dose, you can find out when, where, and how to get a FREE COVID-19 vaccine HERE.
Ticket holder Options, Risks, and Updated Policies for Flexibility
- Portland Opera has created new policies for COVID-19 exchanges and refunds. Under the following circumstances, Portland Opera will permit you to exchange your tickets within the current season, or convert your ticket purchase to a donation if:
- You or someone in your party has tested positive for COVID-19 during the 14-day period preceding the event.
- You or someone in your party is not feeling well during the 14-day period preceding the event and has exhibited symptoms consistent with COVID-19.
- You otherwise feel that you represent a significant transmission risk, e.g. you are caring for someone that has COVID-19 or is not feeling well.
- We ask that any such exchange, or donation request must be made by contacting Portland Opera’s Patron Services team 24 hours prior to the performance start time.
- If you hold tickets for a performance that is cancelled or reduced in capacity due to government mandates, staffing or company cases, or other COVID-19 considerations, your seats may be rescheduled to a convenient time, or you may receive a refund, or opt to concert your tickets into a donation. In this event, you will be contacted by a member of our Patron Services team, so that we can understand your preference.
- It is common knowledge that an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. By attending Portland Opera events, all staff, crew, performers, company members, and audience members voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- Please note that dates, programming, artistic, ticket policies, donor benefits, and COVID-19 safety protocols and requirements are subject to ongoing change or cancellation. Reasonable accommodations may be made for medical or religious reasons. Please contact Patron Services.
- We will reassess this policy on an ongoing basis. We reserve the right to change, adopt and enforce safety measures as needed.
- Failure to comply with safety procedures outlined by management may result in your removal from Portland Opera performances or events.
You can read all of Portland Opera's ticket and performance policies here.
Our Patron Services team is available to assist you with any questions or concerns.